Are you interested in online dating? If you are then you need a powerful profile that can be use to help attract that special someone to your page. Making an outstanding personal profile page is not difficult, if you use the right tools and techniques. The information in this article will give you some awesome tips on how to make your dating profile stand out from all the rest and quickly capture someone’s attention. Have fun and best of luck!
1. Get Their Attention Fast! One of the most important parts of your personal profile is the title and in order to capture their attention; you may need to spend more time creating your title than you do on any other part of your profile page. Making a fantastic title is certainly time well spent. When you get ready to add your profile title, think of it as a title of a book that is written all about you. Effective attention grabbers are sometimes unexpected. You should use words that will generate curiosity in the minds of the reader. Ask yourself if your attention grabbing statement or header will break any type of distractions the reader may have. The words you use must be captivating enough to catch their attention and easy enough to lure them into reading your profile and find out more about you. Spend the time you need to be original with your headline title and don’t put down some of the same old one liners that you see other people using all the time, they can get old fast. If you want to start receiving a lot of winks, work on creating a great headline and that will certainly do the trick.
Another guaranteed way to grab their attention is by having a high quality personal photo in your profile. Many sites are broad-based, with members coming from a variety of backgrounds looking for different types of relationships and most dating websites will allow members to upload photos of themselves. A picture is worth a thousand words and in this arena of dating online, therefore adding an attractive picture is to your advantage.
2. Use Descriptive Words. Even if you feel like you are terrible at wording things, when it comes to online dating you have to become an artist of sorts. By describing your interests, likes and dislikes, you paint a picture of who you are. As your alluring headline and photograph do their job, people will begin reading your profile to find out more about you. Fanning the flames of curiosity is a good thing here and you should help them out by using descriptive words to help create mental images of who you are, what your interests are and what you’re looking for in a relationship. Here are a few examples of creative descriptive wording you can use that will help spark the imagination: ‘Picture this’; ‘Imagine this’; ‘think about this’ or ‘try to visualize what I’m saying’. If you have difficulty coming up with all the good things about yourself, have a friend help you with your profile. By getting together with a close friend, you will find that they have already recognized all the fun and worthwhile character traits you have. What they have to say may come as a surprise to and could be just the extra boost of confidence you need. Write down in your profile such things as: you’re music interests, movies you enjoy,new restaurants you have visited or places you have vacationed at and if you enjoy volunteer work for a favorite charity or if you recently participated in a special event. If you have a hobby or area of religion such as youth group interests, be sure to include that information too.
3. Be Honest. Most people hate to be lied to or deceived and this is particularly true when it comes to dating online. It is good to be as honest as you can. However, you should NEVER feel obligated to share personal information that could be misused in a way that may put your life in danger on any level. Once you put information on the internet it is there for everyone to see at all times. The information you do add to your profile should be true, regardless of what type of relationship you are looking to have with someone. Don’t put down your weight is something other than it really is or portray yourself to be someone you’re not. If you base your profile on lies, whatever relationship you have will not last for long. In the words of Mark Twain – “If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything”.
4. A Good Sense of Humor. Humor while dating provides you the opportunity to relax, laugh, and enjoy the lighter side of a relationship. Once you get their attention and they’ve seen your picture; there is a good chance they will want to know more about you. Showing your sense of humor can help relieve the jitters of just starting a relationship and can help build your confidence when they respond back in a positive way. The more they feel like they can relate with you, the more likely they are to respond to your profile. When finding ways to let your personality shine through with your words, many people appreciate a little bit of humor.
5. Relax and Be Yourself. Allow your real personality to really begin to shine through and sparkle. People that are not true in relating about themselves are just a big waste of time; so don’t let that be you. Never answer a question based on what you think they want to hear. Don’t hesitate to let the real you (personality,interests,etc) be reflected on your profile page because people will be looking for as much information as possible to form a decision about you. Tell them all you can to help them make that decision and then those that respond will be worth all the time and effort you invested in the fine tuning of your online dating profile page.